Dear Lifeafar Community,
With the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) being declared a global pandemic, we want to extend our most heartfelt and deepest concern and best wishes to everyone. This is an unprecedented moment for all of us and we want to share the following updates with each of you.
Your Health Comes First
We advise everyone to follow the World Health Organization for the latest news and personal safety recommendations, as well as the recommendations from your local health authorities. The following best practices from the WHO are worth reinforcing:
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and/or alcohol-based sanitizers
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
- Cover your mouth or nose when you sneeze or cough
- Maintain distance between yourself and anyone who is coughing or sneezing
- If you have a fever, cough, or difficulty breathing yourself, seek medical attention
Additional Cleaning Protocol
To help minimize any risk of illness while traveling, please be aware and confident that we are taking additional steps to clean and sanitize each of our units. In addition to our standard full cleanse of any unit after a guest departs, we are:
- Using a stronger disinfecting solution with a higher concentration of sanitizers in all areas of the unit including living spaces, kitchens, bedrooms, and bathrooms
- Cleaning all plates, glasses, utensils, and cookware regardless if they have been used or not
- Cleaning all high-touch areas such as door handles, chairs, and workstations
In addition, we are encouraging personal hand washing after each interaction during check-in to minimize further transmission of the virus.
Changes To Our Booking Policies
We have made the following changes to our booking policies to better support our current and future guests during these times of uncertainty:
- Any reservation with a check-in date before May 1, 2020 can cancel within 24 hours of arrival for a full refund
- If you choose to cancel you’ll have the option for a full refund or a credit in the amount of 110% of your stay
- This credit can be used towards a future reservation with a check-in date between May 1, 2020 and December 31, 2020
Please note these changes only apply to reservations made on www.lifeafar.com. If your reservation was made through a third-party platform such as Airbnb or Booking.com you’ll want to check with them for any policy changes.
Regardless of the booking platform used, any guest impacted by travel restrictions or mandatory quarantine will be given dedicated support from one of our city hosts. Please reach out to them if you haven’t heard from someone on our team already.
We also understand some individuals will need a place to stay as part of unexpected extended travel plans, response to being required to work remotely, or need to self-isolate.
To better support those guests, all bookings of 14 days or more made on www.lifeafar.com with a check-in date before May 1, 2020 will receive a 25-40% discount. The discount will automatically be applied.
We continue to believe in a world defined by opportunities instead of boundaries, where people have complete freedom to travel, live, and invest abroad.
The entire team at Lifeafar is committed to doing everything possible to make sure you can travel safely and with confidence, and we will get through this together.
We hope you stay safe and healthy, and if there is anything we can do to help please let us know.
The Lifeafar Team